Hito Hot new talent competition heating up for second year
Calling all budding hairdressers and burgeoning make-up artists – don’t miss your chance to enter the HITO Hot New Talent competition.
The HITO Hot New Talent competition returns for a second year in 2016, giving talented young New Zealanders the opportunity to impress their heroes and experience the buzz at the biggest event on the fashion calendar.
The NZFW competition features two exciting categories - Hair Stylist/Barbering and Makeup Artist. Entries close on Wednesday 29th of June - leaving just over a week to win a sought after spot among the finalists.
The competition will see three finalists from each category win the chance to travel to Auckland and work alongside key industry leaders at New Zealand Fashion Week from the 22nd – 28th August as well as the opportunity to star in a New Zealand Fashion Week photoshoot.
Five initial finalists from each category will be selected and announced on Friday 8th of July. Their entries will then be uploaded to the NZFW Facebook page, with the public voting for their favorites over the next two weeks. Voting closes on Friday 29th July, and three finalists from each category will be announced on Monday 1st August.
HITO – the Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation is an elite partner of New Zealand’s premier fashion event NZFW. As NZ’s hair and beauty training organisation, HITO develops and implements New Zealand’s industry qualifications for the hair and beauty sectors, and manages the apprenticeship programmes for hairdressing, barbering and beauty in New Zealand.
The partnership helps HITO find the next generation of talented young creative minds, looking to make their way into these industries and give them an opportunity on New Zealand’s biggest stage.
NZFW Founder and Strategic Director Dame Pieter Stewart DNZM is thrilled about the opportunities the partnership offers for young New Zealanders, “Creating opportunities in the fashion industry is at the heart of what New Zealand Fashion Week stands for. Every year we look for ways to support emerging talent and this competition is exactly that.
Last year’s edition was hugely successful and we’re very excited to be creating those prospects again. By partnering with HITO, we can ensure the winners are well supported into their chosen careers,” said Stewart.
HOW THE HITO HOT NEW TALENT COMPETITION WORKS:
· NZFW and HITO are looking for three finalists from across the NZ Hair/Barbering and Makeup Artist categories.
· Entries close on Wednesday 29th June.
· Entries are open to up and coming talent. In the hair category this includes those who have less than two years in an apprenticeship or working in a salon, or those completely new to the industry. Those who have completed a full time course are not eligible.
· Entries are uploaded to the NZFW website at http://nzfashionweek.com/new-talent-2/
· A judging panel, including industry leaders and mentors appointed by HITO, and NZFW will select three finalists in each category.
· Friday 8th July: Five finalists from each category will be announced on the NZFW Facebook page.
· Public voting will be open for two weeks from Friday 8th July – Friday 29th July and will determine the top three finalists in each category – 6 in total.
· Three finalists from each category will be announced on Monday 1st August
· Finalists will be brought to Auckland and hosted at the NZFW opening on the 22nd August where the finalists from each category will be announced
· The winners from each category will then go on to create their own photoshoot as part of NZFW, which will take place on Thursday 24th August