10 Things To Do While You're In Town for NZFW
1. Create breathtaking Insta-worthy images from the summit of Mount Eden (Maungawhau), just one of the city’s collection of 48 volcanic cones.
2. Splash out in the buzzing shopping districts of Newmarket, Ponsonby and Britomart, or find high-end luxury labels on Queen Street, including Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Dior and Hugo Boss.
3. Explore Auckland’s magnificent Hauraki Gulf and its beautiful emerald islands. A quick ferry will take you out to Rangitoto or Waiheke, ‘the island of wine’.
4. Head west of the city centre for superb scenery that never goes out of style. Take in the beautiful clifftop views at Muriwai Beach, or the lush rainforest in the Waitakere Ranges.
5. Wander through more than 15,000 traditional and contemporary artworks in the beautiful heritage building of Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki.
6. Dine overlooking the water at Viaduct Harbour or Wynyard Quarter, or take your pick from the eclectic restaurants in the stylish Britomart and Federal Street precincts.
7. Head up the Sky Tower in the glassfronted lift and see the city lights from the tallest manmade structure in NZ.
8. Head to Matakana, one of Auckland’s three wine regions, where boutique wineries are set amidst picturesque rolling hills near golden sand beaches.
9. Experience Auckland’s sparkling harbours on a whale and dolphin spotting eco-safari or take a spin on a high-speed jet boat ride.
10. Staying longer and searching for a luxury experience? Take a scenic flight on a helicopter or seaplane and indulge at a lavish five star lodge.
For more fun things to do in and around Auckland, head to www.aucklandnz.com/visit.