A CHANCE TO SHINE!
A great opportunity for all those interested in the fashion industry.
NZFW and partner HITO (NZ Hair and Beauty Industry Training Organisation) are proud to announce that the 2016 HITO HOT NEW TALENT COMPETITION will run again this year.
Last year saw over 200 entries, with the winners of each segment being mentored by some of the industry best, including Sally Ann Mullin Editor of FQ, Richard Kavangah, Global Creative Director, and Kristen Stewart, director of KSSM. Take a look at 2016's Mentors.
2016 will give 10 finalists the chance to travel to Auckland and work alongside key industry leaders in New Zealand Fashion week during the NZFW event on the 22nd – 28th August, AND to compete for the opportunity to star in a NZ Fashion week Photoshoot at the event itself!
The HITO HOT NEW TALENT competition has two categories: Hair Stylist / Barbering and Makeup Artist. Each entrant must submit four photographs of their work along with 100 words on why they want to work in the fashion industry.
Entries, which close on Wednesday 29th of June, will be judged by a panel of leading fashion experts and the finalists will be announced on the official NZFW Facebook page. The public will then be given the opportunity to vote for the favourite competitors throughout July.
Three finalists from each category will be announced on Monday 15th August, and will be brought to Auckland and hosted at the NZFW Opening on the 22th August where the final winners for each category will be announced!
For more information about the Competition entry, Terms and Conditions and the Winners Package please refer below
- Flights to Auckland and accommodation
- Each finalist will spend up to 3 days over New Zealand Fashion Week (NZFW)
- 1x official delegate pass for New Zealand Fashion Week
- To be hosted by NZFW and transported by the NZFW Mercedes-Benz car service
- 2x Tickets to the NZFW Graduate Show Presented by Brother.
- 10x Guest passes to NZFW (Please note this does not give you access to shows only into the venue)
- To work backstage on the NZFW Graduate Show Presented by Brother during New Zealand Fashion Week.
- To work on other NZFW shows where possible
- Media interviews