Hito Terms and Conditions 2016
Individuals must meet and agree the following terms and conditions of entry
1. Entrants must be over 16 years old to enter this competition.
2. Entries are open to up and coming talent: a. Hairdressing/barbering category: i. those in year 1 or year 2 of a HITO hairdressing or barbering apprenticeship ii. those who are working in a salon or barbershop with no formal training iii. those with no hairdressing or barbering experience. iv. Excludes those who are enrolled in or have completed a full-time hairdressing course. b. Other categories: i. must not have worked in the fashion industry for more than two years. ii. has not been involved in New Zealand Fashion Week i.e. entering the hair or make up entrants must not done hair or make up for a show at New Zealand Fashion Week, but may have worked as a dresser.
3. Entrant submitted photographs must be their work. If any work is entered under false pretences the entrant will be disqualified.
4. Photographs submitted will be used by NZFW or HITO for social media and promotional purposes. Selected finalists must participate in interviews for media and promotional purposes (including but not exclusively radio and print).
5. Finalists must be available to fly to Auckland for up to four days and three nights in August to work across designated shows at NZFW. a. The winner of each category will also complete the final HITO Hot New Talent shoot. b. The winner of each category takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies New Zealand Fashion Week Ltd and HITO in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. c. The winner of each category is responsible for other costs that may be associated with the prize.
6. All finalists must be available to travel to Auckland for 22nd-28th August 2016 to be part of the New Graduate Show at NZFW.
7. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
8. Finalists and winners will be determined in the manner determined by New Zealand Fashion Week Ltd.
9. Finalists will be notified by email and phone. a. Where attempts to contact the finalist/winners fail the NZFW and HITO Hot New Talent judging panel will select another finalist/winner. b. If after a successful notification the finalist has not been in contact with NZFW within three days of being announced, a new finalist will be announced in their place.
10. The winner in each category of the HITO Hot New Talent competition will be announced at the NZFW Opening night on Monday, 22nd August 2016.
11. Any output from the HITO Hot New Talent competition belongs to NZFW and HITO